‹ Back to all legal policies
We want to provide the best possible service—not just in providing our API, but as a business. That includes being clear and transparent about how we handle refunds. We don't want you to feel like we're trying to rip you off.
If you're ever unhappy with IPLocate, for any reason, just get in touch and we'll take care of you.
We assume that things are all going well, so we don't refund by default. If you'd like a refund, mention it when you get in touch with us.
Examples of full refunds we'd grant
- If you were just charged for your next month of your subscription, but you meant to cancel, we're happy to refund that extra charge.
- If you forgot to cancel your subscription a couple months ago, and you haven't used it since then, we'll give you a full refund for a couple months back.
- If you're not able to use your API subscription properly because of a problem with our infrastructure, and we know about it, we'll give you a full refund.
Examples of partial refunds or credits we'd grant
- If you forgot to cancel your subscription more than a few months ago, we'll take a look at whether or not you used our API, and work out a fair portion to refund. The reason we're not likely to provide a full refund for many months in the past is because we still had to pay for infrastructure to provide the API during that time.
- If something's not working with our API, we'll provide credit towards your next month. The amount of credit depends on the severity of the issue and how long it took to fix, and is capped at the amount of one month of your subscription.
- If one of our providers has scheduled or unscheduled maintenance which means that the API isn't working, we'll provide credit towards your next month. We aren't usually compensated by our providers when something goes wrong on their end, but we know how frustrating it is when a service like ours isn't working.
Get in touch
At the end of the day, nearly everything on the edges comes down to a case-by-case basis. Tell us what's up, and we'll work with you to make sure you're happy.
We've adapted this policy from the Basecamp open-source policies (CC BY 4.0).