Terms of Service for IPLocate.io Users
Last updated: 1 November 2017
IPLocate.io is an internet service for finding data associated with Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IPLocate.io is a brand operated by Defusion Design Pty Ltd, an Australian Registered Company (ACN 610 982 100). IPLocate.io may be referred to as "IPLocate.io," "we," or "us" throughout this document.
The services that we operate include the IPLocate.io Website, available at http://www.iplocate.io/; the IPLocate.io subscription services available via web and email; and all relevant infrastructure used to operate the aforementioned services. These services will collectively be referred to as IPLocate.io Services.
By using IPLocate.io Services, you indicate that you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you don't agree, you must not use IPLocate.io Services.
1. What is IPLocate.io
IPLocate.io is an internet service for finding data associated with Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, such as city, country, approximate location, timezone, and more. IPLocate.io includes this service, the associated website and infrastructure, as well as other services that we might advertise or add to our website from time to time.
2. Prerequisites for using IPLocate.io
In order to use IPLocate.io, you agree to the following conditions:
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You will be bound by the terms of this document for the entire period in which you access the IPLocate.io Website or hold current IPLocate.io Services
3. What you can and can't do with IPLocate.io
You can do lots of neat things with IPLocate.io! For example, you can:
- Access the API to get geolocation data for a given IP address.
- Use the information provided by our API to restrict access to your products or services by location.
- Use the information provided by our API to provide tailored content to users by location.
- Use the information provided by our API to help with fraud detection and prevention.
- Use the information provided by our API for any other reasonable purpose you see fit.
But you can not do these things, for example:
- Try to circumvent the IPLocate.io rate limiting system.
- Sell, resell, lease, transfer or rent your IPLocate.io account to another person.
- Try to exploit, hack or reverse engineer the IPLocate.io Services or any infrastructure operated by IPLocate.io.
- Use your IPLocate.io Services to disrupt other IPLocate.io Services or any other computer or service on the internet.
4. IPLocate.io Data
IPLocate.io includes GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com. We update our database regularly to ensure that we can provide up-to-date data through our service, however we make no guarantees to the accuracy of the data provided. IP addresses cannot be accurately geolocated to precise locations. In almost all cases, our database will provide accurate country/continent information for a given IP address. In most cases, our database will provide accurate data for the next level of information, such as state/province. In many cases, our database will provide accurate data to a city/suburb level. In many cases, however, this data may not be accurate because of incorrect information provided by MaxMind or their service providers. Latitude, longitude, city/suburb, and similar properties should only ever be assumed to be a rough estimate with an accuracy of approximately 150 kilometres, and in some cases the actual location could be even further away.
We have a support email address, [email protected], and we'll endeavour to answer all queries in a reasonable amount of time.
We don't offer guaranteed support response times or an SLA for IPLocate.io Services.
6. Downtime of IPLocate.io Services
From time-to-time, IPLocate.io Services may be unavailable due to network maintenance or outage - either of IPLocate.io or one of our server or network providers. If maintenance is planned, we will endeavour to give you as much prior notice as is reasonably possible - usually via our dashboard - to let you know that your IPLocate.io Services might be inaccessible. If an outage is unexpected, we'll try to keep you updated via our control panel and/or e-mail, but please note that this isn't always possible.
Because of the inherent nature of internet services, we don't provide any compensation or credits for downtime or unavailability of the IPLocate.io Services - whether expected or unexpected. If you use IPLocate.io Services, you agree that you are not entitled to compensation of any kind for any period of time in which your IPLocate.io Services might be unavailable to you or others. We don't provide a Service Level Agreement (SLA) or guarantee on the uptime of IPLocate.io Services beyond what we've stated above.
7. Violations of these Terms of Service
IPLocate.io reserves the right to suspend, cancel or terminate any of your IPLocate.io Services at any time for any reason. We have to say this, just in case somebody does something very bad that we didn't think of and therefore didn't explicitly forbid it in here. You can be assured that we shouldn't have to rely on this provision very often if at all, because most of the things that we forbid are already covered in these Terms of Service.
If you violate these Terms of Service, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel any and/or all of your IPLocate.io Services, and/or ban your IPLocate.io accounts and/or IP addresses. You accept that you are not entitled to any compensation or credit if your Service is cancelled as a result of a violation of these Terms of Service, and we will not provide one.
If you use your IPLocate.io Services to commit a crime (based on the laws of Australia, the country you reside and/or the country in which your IPLocate.io Service operates), we will file a report with the relevant authorities.
8. Term and Cancellation
This agreement is in effect for the duration from when you begin using IPLocate.io Services, until either:
- You provide us with written notice to [email protected] that you would like to cancel your IPLocate.io user account, at which point we will delete all of your user account data. We will provide written confirmation when this has been completed, usually within 3 business days.
- We terminate your IPLocate.io user account as a result of a violation of this agreement.
9. Warranty and Liability
To the extent permitted by law, IPLocate.io Services are provided "as is," without any warranty. IPLocate.io will not be held liable for any form of loss relating to or arising from the use of IPLocate.io Services.